Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Waiting for Tomorrow


On Tuesday many comic fans are waiting for tomorrow and I've been waiting for tomorrow for way too many years, but the tomorrow that I'm waiting for is the one that is the future of mankind.

I have a strong cynical streak (that I call realism) that can at times make me a little depressed about our prospects. Watching how partisan politics have become, the booming financial toll that the baby boomers (myself one of them) will take on society as we age, illegal immigration, rapid technological change without the social understanding of their impacts, disappearing natural resources and the rise of nuclear proliferation in the hands of people who will use them can make one a little leery of tomorrow.

My pollyanna side though is still waiting for the better tomorrow. The one where we build the lunar colony, mine the asteroid belt, study the possibility of faster then light travel, explore the bottom of the ocean, eradication of many deadly diseases and a computer that I can just talk to and it does what I want. A mix of the beginning of Star Trek and the silver age Legion of Super Heroes. Camelot with adventure and danger, but with a future that still allows its people to live in a prosperous and safe haven if adventure is not in your soul.

I'm still waiting for that tomorrow and I think one day it will come. I hope.

I hope we can get past tribalism, I hope we can look past profit and understand money is not a goal, I hope we can help each other with out fear of the legal repercussions if something does not go right. I hope that my children have a better world then I do and I hope we understand ownership is an illusion.

I think I'm a little more upbeat and hopeful today because after your sick and you start feeling better everything can seem better at that time.

So here is to waiting for tomorrow and watching the first manned mars mission launch in my lifetime.




Of course it would be really cool if what we found on Mars was:

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar