Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Valentine's Day Tablescape

**Note:  I just realized I put the knives and forks on the wrong side of the plate!  This calls for another head slap!!  I was in such a rush to get this table set up last night for pictures, I didn't even notice I'd done this.  I promise I do know where they're supposed to go.  I don't know where my brain was last night.  It didn't help that I was trying to watch the figure skating competition in the Olympics at the same time that I was doing the table.  I'm chalking this one up to another senior moment.  

I finally got a chance to set a pretty table in the dining room.  Unfortunately, we've kind of been using our dining room as a storage area for the past year and a half.  Not cool.  Now it's back to being what it's supposed to be, and that makes me happy.


Speaking of happy -- Happy Valentine's Day!  Did you enjoy your day?  We've had a quiet one.  We had plans to attend a Valentine's party being hosted by our neighbors, but they cancelled on Wednesday.  I think they made a wise decision.


 We made a last quick run to the Staples and the grocery store on Wednesday as the snow was already coming down.  I had stocked up on groceries Tuesday, but we thought of a few more things we wanted (always the way).  I picked out a small bunch of tulips for a great price.  I love their pretty, two-tone color.

See what I mean?  Knife and forks on the wrong sides.  Sigh.

I used my Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles" dishes and my Argent Sophia flatware.


The etched sherbet dishes we found at an antique shop in Southport, N.C.  I don't know the maker or the pattern, but I think they're awfully pretty.


I used this wreath in one of my first posts (also a Valentine's tablescape) and I've gotten so many comments on it.  I found it at Michaels about three years ago, and I always hang it on our china cabinet for the month of February.  The dishes in the cabinet are part of our wedding china, Royal Doulton, "Juliet."


I set the table for two -- for romance.


A closer look at the salt and pepper...  I love these pink goblets.  I don't know the maker on these either; they came from my husband's grandmother.


I found this heart-shaped, Pink Castles plate at our local Belk Department store a few years ago.  It was on the bargain table.  :)


The wine goblet is part of our wedding crystal, Gorham "French Cathedral."


Some close-ups...



...and some wide-angle shots.



Oh, and I made some homemade chocolate pudding on Tuesday evening.  I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've only ever made Jello® instant pudding all these years (embarrassing but true).  I had no idea what we were missing.  I'm planning to make some more, and I'll share the recipe on my blog.  I intended to save some to put in these sherbet glasses, thinking it would add a nice touch for a Valentine's tablescape.  But you don't see any chocolate in these glasses, do you?  That's because we finished it off on Wednesday night.  It was so good, and we couldn't stop thinking about it sitting there in the fridge, so we ate it.  :-D

The next morning, I walked into the dining room, and this warm and cheerful sunlight was streaming into the room.


 So I grabbed my little point and shoot camera and started pointing and shooting.  It was fun to have some daylight pictures to compare and contrast with the ones taken at night.


 Mr. Forest Manor took the evening pictures, and you can tell because his are always so good.  He's a good photographer, and his camera takes more professional looking pictures.  








 Thank you for your visit.  I hope you have a great weekend and stay warm and cozy.

Denise

   I'm sharing this post with:
Susan for Tablescape Thursday
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
Cindy for Amaze Me Monday
Marty for Inspire Me Tuesday

On The Table:
Johnson Brothers "Old Britain Castles Pink" dinner and salad plates
"Old Britain Castles" salt and pepper, heart plate
White heart bowl -- Hancock Fabric last year
Table topper -- Gifted from my husband's grandmother
Napkins -- Horchow on sale
Argent Sophia flatware -- Target online
White pitcher -- Homegoods
Crystal candlesticks -- Gift from my husband's grandmother
Pink goblets -- Belonged to my husband's grandmother
Wine stems -- Gorham "French Cathedral"
Pillar candle -- Luminara™ flameless candle

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar