Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Daffodil Day

This morning I arose and left the house much earlier than I would on a typical Sunday. My goal was to drive to, "town", and photograph a rather famous hillside....with the hopes that everyone else in the county was still in bed, or getting read for church.


The hillside in the picture is locally famous for the wild Daffodils that flourish here and herald the arrival of each spring season. I also have to mention, as a lover of old houses, that the house in this picture was built between 1810-1825. I have no doubt that this structure has witnessed the arrival of the Daffodils for many years.



Here in my area of central Kentucky people refer to Daffodils as March Lilies. Never have I heard a person refer to them as Jonquils. When I was a child I always called them Buttercups.




People here flock to this hillside in spring, photographing their children in the flowers and also enjoying the beauty.




As I sat down in the field it was like being in a sea of flowers, literally.




And to think when I lived in the city I actually bought Daffodil bulbs to grow in my flower garden.


Here they grow wild in the woods, field, and anywhere else they have naturalized. Tipper has a great post about Daffodils today as well. Please check her out.



What about you? Any Daffodils to trumpet the arrival of spring in your neck of the woods?






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar